Let us help you grow
Closing Date: 31st October 2023
Send CV on [email protected]
- As the International Students Executive at the MCAST Gateway to Industry, you will play a crucial role in welcoming and supporting international students in their journey at the Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology. You will serve as the primary point of contact for international students, ensuring that they have the opportunity to succeed in their studies and fully participate in the broader student experience by providing vital assistance to international students as they transition in to College life. In this role you will be responsible for planning and organising activities whilst ensuring the welfare of international students. You will be an advocate for international students across the College and with external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Student Support: Provide support and guidance to newly admitted international students during their transition to College life, including assistance with orientation and integration into the campus community and to living in Malta.
- Attendance record: Communicate the importance of maintaining the required attendance to students and arrange meetings with students at risk of falling below the required attendance level.
- Residency and Visa Extension Assistance: Keep abreast with the latest Identity Malta procedures to assist students when required.
- Customer Service: Offer exceptional customer service to international students, addressing their inquiries and concerns promptly and professionally.
- Wellbeing best practice: Develop and maintain a good knowledge of current developments in international student welfare and wellbeing promotion.
- Point of reference: Provide an effective information service on practical and welfare issues including the delivery of presentations and producing resources for students.
- Student support: Provide support to students who may be experiencing social or emotional issues.
- Event Organisation: Ensure periodic engagement activities are organized that will have a positive impact on international student retention. Your main aim should be to deliver a great social programme that enhances the students’ experience at the College.
- Safe space: Manage an appropriate space where international students can mingle.
- Emergency contact: Monitors the health and safety of international students, serving as their emergency contact and recommending internal and/or external services where necessary.
- Liaison responsibilities: Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the Institutes and other services provided by the College.
- Information dissemination: Collate student welfare related information to be shared with students on an ongoing basis.
- Miscellaneous Tasks: Support colleagues at peak times by assisting with administrative tasks and work collaboratively to improve services to students. Perform clerical duties and operate office equipment as required. Assist other members of staff within the MG2i team.
- A qualification minimum at MQF Level 5 is required.
- Previous experience in working with students is required.
- A good understanding of student welfare related issues within a higher education setting is desired.
- Experience of event and budget management will be considered an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- A genuine interest in helping students to thrive and facilitating their engagement in College life.
- Proficiency in using management information systems and office software (e.g., Microsoft Office).
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Cultural sensitivity and a commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- An empathy with the needs of international students.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing policies and procedures.
- Use of own Transport.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Personal data provided by a candidate will be processed by the organisation for the purposes of its recruitment process and in case of employment for the purposes of the employee’s relationship with the organisation.