Periodic Training is designed to confirm and expand on the existing knowledge and skills of each driver to ensure that they continue to be confident, safe and fuel efficient drivers. It also enables drivers to keep up to date with ever changing regulations and to benefit from state of the art training throughout their whole career.
Drivers that have obtained their driving licence category before the 10th September 2008 in the case of category “D”, must undergo this periodic training.
The course is 35 hours long. Tuition will be held at the Institute of Mechanical Engineering, MCAST, Paola.
Advanced Taining in Rational Driving Based on Safety
- To know the characteristics of the transmission system in order to make the best possible use of it
- To know the technical characteristics and operation of the safety controls in order to control the vehicle, minimise wear and tear and prevent disfunctioining.
- Ability to optimise fuel consumption: optimisation of fuel consumption by applying know-how gained from the modules listed above.
- Ability to ensure passenger comfort and safety
- Ability to load the vehicle with due regard for safety rules and proper vehicle use
Application of Regulations
- To know the social environment of road transport and the rules governing it
- To know the regulations governing carriage of passengers
Health, Road and Environmental Safety, Service, Logistics
- To make drivers aware of the risks of the road and of accidents at work
- Ability to prevent criminality and trafficking in illegal immigrants
- Ability to prevent physical risks
- Awareness of the importance of physical and mental ability
- Ability to assess emergency situations and behaviour in an emergency situation
- Ability to adopt behaviour to help enhance the image of the company
- To know the economic environment of the carriage of passengers by road and the organisation of the market
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
A Certificate will be issued by Transport Malta.
There are no exams with MCAST.
Fee covers tuition given by MCAST. Students are encouraged to bring a pen and notepad for note-taking during the training.