The course is 46 hours long. Tuition will be held at the Institute of Mechanical Engineering in Paola over a period of 4 days between 0800 – 1800 hrs.
This course is a pre-requisite for Taxi Drivers License applicants and will include the following modules.
• Characteristics of the transmission (gear) system;
• Characteristics and operation of the safety controls and compliance with safety and security procedures;
• Ability to optimize fuel consumption and reduce harmful emissions.
Safety of Driver and Passenger
• Ability to ensure passenger comfort and safety;
• Knowledge of legislation regulating the carriage of passengers;
• Ability to assess and deal with emergency situations;
• Ability to prevent and deal with criminality;
• Correct use of speed;
• Physical fitness to drive a taxi;
• Awareness of the risks on the road and accidents at work.
Routes and Destinations
• Thorough knowledge of routes;
• Basic knowledge of prime tourist and commercial locations across Malta and Gozo;
• Knowledge of basic functions of the taximeter;
• Knowledge of other equipment installed in pursuance of the Taxi Service Regulations.
• Customer Care;
• Personal Cleanliness.
• Fluency in Maltese and the ability to communicate in basic English.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
An MCAST Certificate of Attendance will be awarded to all students attending more than 80% of lectures.
Candidates, who would have completed successfully the course, would have to sit for a test held at Transport Malta. Fee for exam is not included in course fee.
Fee for exam held at Transport Malta is not included in course fee.