This course is intended for well established motor vehicle technicians and mechanics who are not yet competent to diagnose the electronic control units in today’s world of automobile industry. It also aims for technicians who have a basic knowledge of electronics but intend to specialise in trouble shooting techniques on electronic units installed in modern vehicles. The unit will be supported with hands-on training sessions.
- Diagnose and repair or replace small engine components
- Be familiar with circuit construction and the operation of various automotive electrical systems.
- Become familiar with the function and purpose of various electrical and electronic components
- Gain proficiency in electrical and electronic diagram use.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of meters, test lights and other basic test equipment to evaluate circuit integrity and identify faults
- Learn to effectively and professionally repair electrical and electronic circuits and component faults.